How To Play The Absus2 Chord On Guitar
Absus2 Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the Absus2 chord on your guitar, picture the Absus2 chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the Absus2 chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
Absus2 Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where you need to place your fingers when playing the Absus2 chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to standard tuning
- Index finger: 3rd fret, 3rd string. Place your index finger on the 3rd fret of the 3rd string.
- Middle finger: barre 1st and 2nd strings on 4th fret. Use your middle finger to barre the 1st and 2nd strings on the 4th fret.
- Pinky finger: 6th fret, 4th string. Place your pinky finger on the 6th fret of the 4th string.
- Play chord. Strum all strings, except the 6th and 5th strings.
Want to get better at playing Absus2 and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The Absus2 Chord
Mastered playing the Absus2 chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the Absus2 chord)!
Latest Downloads That'll help you become a better guitarist
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the Absus2 Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the Absus2 chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!