How To Play The Cdim Chord On Guitar
Cdim Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the Cdim chord on your guitar, picture the Cdim chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the Cdim chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
Cdim Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where to position your fingers when you play the Cdim chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to the standard tuning (EADGBe)
- Index finger: 3rd fret, 5th string. Place your index finger on the 3rd fret of the 5th string.
- Middle finger: 4th fret, 4th string. Place your middle finger on the 4th fret of the 4th string.
- Ring finger: 4th fret, 2nd string. Place your ring finger on the 4th fret of the 2nd string.
- Pinky finger: 5th fret, 3rd string. Place your pinky finger on the 5th fret of the 3rd string.
- Play chord. Strum all strings, except the 6th and 1st strings.
Do you want to get better at playing Cdim and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The Cdim Chord
Mastered playing the Cdim chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the Cdim chord)!
Latest Downloads That'll help you become a better guitarist
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the Cdim Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the Cdim chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!