How To Play The Dbm Chord On Guitar
Dbm Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the Dbm chord on your guitar, picture the Dbm chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the Dbm chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
Dbm Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where to position your fingers when you want to play the Dbm chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to the standard tuning (EADGBe)
- Index finger: barre the 4th fret. Use your index finger to barre the 4th fret (don’t worry about the 6th string, we won’t need to play that one).
- Middle finger: 5th fret, 2nd string. Place your middle finger on the 5th fret of the 2nd string.
- Ring finger: 6th fret, 4th string. Place your ring finger on the 6th fret of the 4th string.
- Pinky finger: 6th fret, 3rd string. Place your pinky finger on the 6th fret of the 3rd string.
- Play chord. Strum all strings, except the 6th string.
Do you want to get better at playing Dbm and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The Dbm Chord
Mastered playing the Dbm chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the Dbm chord)!
Latest Downloads That'll help you become a better guitarist
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the Dbm Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the Dbm chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!