How To Play The Dm Chord On Guitar
Dm Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the Dm chord on your guitar, picture the Dm chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the Dm chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
Dm Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where you need to position your fingers when you want to play the Dm chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to standard tuning (EADGBe)
- Index finger: 1st fret, 1st string. Place your index finger on the 1st fret of the 1st string.
- Middle finger: 2nd fret, 3rd string. Place your middle finger on the 2nd fret of the 3rd string.
- Ring finger: 3rd fret, 2nd string. Place your ring finger on the 3rd fret of the 2nd string.
- Play chord Strum all strings, except the 6th and 5th strings.
Do you want to get better at playing Dm and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The Dm Chord
Mastered playing the Dm chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the Dm chord)!
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the Dm Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the Dm chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!