How To Play The Dmaj7 Chord On Guitar
Dmaj7 Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the Dmaj7 chord on your guitar, picture the Dmaj7 chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the Dmaj7 chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
Dmaj7 Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where to position your fingers when you want to play the Dmaj7 chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to the standard tuning (EADGBe)
- Index finger: 2nd fret, 3rd string. Place your index finger on the 2nd fret of the 3rd string.
- Middle: finger: 2nd fret, 2nd string. Place your middle finger on the 2nd fret of the 2nd string.
- Ring: finger: 2nd fret, 1st string. Place your ring finger on the 2nd fret of the 1st string.
- Play chord. Strum all strings, except the 6th and 5th strings.
Other Names For The Dmaj7 Guitar Chord:
- DM7 Chord
- D(maj7) Chord
Want to get better at playing Dmaj7 and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The Dmaj7 Chord
Mastered playing the Dmaj7 chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the Dmaj7 chord)!
Latest Downloads That'll help you become a better guitarist
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the Dmaj7 Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the Dmaj7 chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!