How To Play The E9 Chord On Guitar
E9 Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the E9 chord on your guitar, picture the E9 chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the E9 chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
E9 Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where to position your fingers when playing the E9 guitar chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to the standard guitar tuning
- Index finger: 1st fret, 3rd string. Place your index finger on the 1st fret of the 3rd string.
- Middle finger: 2nd fret, 5th string. Place your middle finger on the 2nd fret of the 5th string.
- Ring finger: 2nd fret, 1st string. Place your ring finger on the 2nd fret of the 1st string.
- Play chord. Strum all strings.
Do you want to get better at playing E9 and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The E9 Chord
Mastered playing the E9 chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the E9 chord)!
Latest Downloads That'll help you become a better guitarist
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the E9 Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the E9 chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!