How To Play The Gm Chord On Guitar
Gm Chord Guitar Instructions
To play the Gm chord on your guitar, picture the Gm chord chart shown to the left as your fret board and neck (if you were to stand your guitar up vertically).
The horizontal lines represent the fret bars, the vertical lines show the strings and the dots show where to place your fingers.
Play the Gm chord by placing your fingers exactly where the diagram shows and strumming the correct strings.
Gm Guitar Chord Finger Positions
Here's where you need to position your fingers when playing the Gm chord:
- Tune your guitar Tune your guitar to standard tuning of EADGBe
- Index finger: barre the 3rd fret. Use your index finger to barre the 3rd fret.
- Ring finger: 5th fret, 5th string. Place your ring finger on the 5th fret of the 5th string.
- Pinky finger: 5th fret, 4th string. Place your pinky finger on the 5th fret of the 4th string.
- Play chord. Strum all strings.
Want to get better at playing Gm and all other guitar chords? Over 1.79 million people across the world went from average to impressive fast when they took this online class (and it's free for 2 weeks)
These Songs Use The Gm Chord
Mastered playing the Gm chord on your guitar? Challenge yourself by trying to play these songs to help you memorise it (they all use the Gm chord)!
Great job! Let others know you're learning a REAL instrument by sharing it on social media!
Save For Later!
Want to make sure you don't forget the Gm Chord? Bookmark this page to make it easier for you to find again!
Press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page
Want To Learn More?
We hope you enjoyed learning how to play the Gm chord on your guitar. Don't stop now! We're got loads more guitar chords for you to learn at Guvna Guitars!