What Guitar Does Jeff Beck Use?
Jeff Beck has been playing the guitar since 1964 and is still one of the top guitarists in the world. He has played with many of the music industry’s top artists and has never disappointed an audience with his amazing guitar playing skill.
Table of Contents
What Kind Of Guitar Does Jeff Beck Play?
Jeff favours Fender guitars and in particular Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck signature guitars but he has played a number of guitars over the years including;
- Fender Stratocaster
- 1948 Gibson L-5
- Gibson ES-175
- Fender Esquire
- 1955 Gretsch Duo-Jet
- Fender Custom Shop ’51 Nocaster Relic
- Jackson Soloist
- Gibson Les Paul Standard
- Maccaferri G-40
- Gretsch Rancher G5034TFT
- Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard
- 1954 Gibson “Oxblood” Les Paul
- Fender Custom Shop Artist Series Jeff Beck Stratocaster
- Fender Telecaster
- Gibson B.B. King Lucille
- Gretsch G5034TFT Rancher
- Fender Jazzmaster
Who Has Jeff Beck Worked With During His Long Career?
Jeff has worked with many great artists over his career including;
- Roger Waters
- Aynsley Dunbar
- Max Middleton
- Rod Stewart
- B.B. King
- Buddy Guy
- Albert Collins
- Paul Rodgers
- Max Middleton
- Phil Chen
- David Gilmour
- Carmine Appice
- Michael Fennelly
- Beverley Craven
- Bob Geldof
- Clive Chaman
- Cozy Powell
- Jimmy Page
- Nicolette Larson
- David Bowie
- Steve Cropper
- Bobby Tench
- Tony Newman
- John Paul Jones
- Richard Bailey
- Phil Collins
- Jon Bon Jovi
- the Mahavishnu Orchestra
- the Yardbirds
- Felix Pappalardi
- the Funk Brothers
- Bernard “Pretty” Purdie
- Ronnie Wood
- Keith Moon
- Bobby Tench
- Tim Bogert
- Nicky Hopkins
- Micky Waller
- Beth Hart
- Kate Bush
- Jan Hammer
- Eric Clapton
- Kelly Clarkson
- Akira “Joe” Yamanaka
- Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages
- Wilbur Bascomb
- And many more
What Strings Does Jeff Beck Use?
Jeff uses SonoTone strings. They made some custom Vintage sets for him,10-46 & 11-48 gauges.
What Amps Does Jeff Beck Use?
Jeff uses or has used the following amps;
- Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
- Marshall 2061X Handwired 20W Amp Head
- Plush P1000 70’s USA all tube amp head
- Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
- Marshall Super Lead 100-Watt Head
- Magnatone Super 59 Amp
- Lazy J 20 1×12″ Combo Amplifier
- 1982 Fender Princeton II Reverb
- 1964 Vox AC30
- Marshall 1960B 4×12” Cabinet
- Fender Pro Junior III 15-Watt 1×10 Guitar Combo Amp
- Fender Vibro-King Custom 60W 3×10 Tube Guitar Combo Amp Black
- Marshall DSL100H 100W All-Tube Guitar Amp Head Black
What Effects Pedals Does Jeff Beck Use?
Jeff uses or has used the following;
- Way Huge Electronics Aqua-Puss MkII Analog Delay
- EBS OctaBass Triple Mode Octave Divider Pedal
- Strymon Brigadier dBucket Delay
- Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whine-O Wah Pedal
- Boss BF-2 Flanger
- Lehle Little Dual Amp Switcher Guitar Pedal
- Colorsound Overdriver
- Pro Co The Rat
- Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo
- Mu-Tron Octave Divider
- Hughes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere MKII
- Strymon blueSky Reverberator
- Pete Cornish SS-3
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
- Klon Centaur
- Sola Sound Tone Bender MK1
What Pickups Does Jeff Beck Use?
Jeff has played many guitars and has used a mixture of standard and custom pick-ups, some of the pick-ups he has used include;
- Gibson Burstbucker 2
- Fender Custom Shop Alnico N3 pickups
- Fender Lace Sensor Gold Single-coils
- Seymour Duncan SH-4/TB-4 JB Model
- Gibson Burstbucker #3
What Chords Does Jeff Beck Use?
Jeff plays chords in an unusual way. He plays hybrid chords, sus 4 chords and solos over the top of runs of these chords.He plays power chords (Dyads) and other two-note chords as well as playing barre chords.
What Pick Does Jeff Beck Use?
Way back in the mid 1980s Jeff stopped using a pick. He prefers to play using his thumb. He plucks the strings using his thumb with his ring finger on the volume control knob, and his little finger on the vibrato (whammy) bar.
What Kind Of Music Does Jeff Beck Play?
Jeff plays instrumental rock, jazz fusion and rock music.
How To Play Guitar Like Jeff Beck
To play guitar like Jeff Beck takes a lot of practice, he plays fast licks and uses barre chords, open chords and power chords. Jeff doesn’t use a pick, preferring to use his thumb to pluck the strings.
What Age Did Jeff Beck Learn Guitar?
Jeff was a teenager when he first started to play the guitar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jeff Beck rarely ever sings, he did sing on the 1967 single “Hi ho silver lining” .
Jeff Beck was a guitarist for the Yardbirds from 1965 to 1966.